Mouse Deer and Crocodile
One day, Mouse Deer went down to the river to take a drink. But he knew that the crocodile might be waiting underwater to eat him, so he said out loud. “I wonder if the water’s warm. I’ll put in my leg and find out.” Of course Mouse Deer didn’t put in his leg. He picked up a stick instead and put one end into the water. Chomp…! Crocodile grabbed the stick and pulled it underwater. Mouse Deer laughed. “Ha… ha…ha… Stupid crocodile! Cant you tell the difference between a stick and a leg?” Then Mouse Deer ran off to drink somewhere else.
1. Where was the story happened?
2. What did the Mouse deer put into the river?
3. According to the writer the Mouse deer is tricky, find the supporting sentences?
4. Why do you think the Crocodile cannot differentiate between Stick and leg?
5. What surprised the Mouse deer when she saw the Crocodile?
In the next day, Mouse Deer wanted to cross the river. He wanted to eat the fruits on the other side of the river. He saw a floating log in the river. He knew that big and cruel Crocodile looked like a log when he floated. Mouse Deer didn’t want to be eaten by Crocodile when he crosses the river. He had an idea. He called out loud, “Crocodile!” Crocodile rose from the water, “Hello, Mouse Deer. Have you come to be my lunch?” Mouse Deer smiled. “Sorry, not today, kind Crocodile. I have orders from the King. He wants to invite all the crocodiles in this river to a party. He wants me to count all the crocodiles so he could prepare enough meal for you.”
6. Find the words that describe the Crocodile?
7. Why do you think the Mouse deer want to count the Crocodile?
8. Explain why the crocodile want to be counted by the Mouse deer?
9. Give the reason why the Mouse deer smiled seeing the Crocodile rise from the river?
“Really…? Tell us what to do,” said Crocodile. “You must line up from this side of the river to the other side,” said Mouse Deer. Crocodile then got all his friends and family. They lined up across the river. The silly Mouse Deer then jumped onto Crocodile’s back. “One,” he counted. He jumped onto the next crocodile, “Two.” And the next crocodile, “Three.” Mouse Deer kept jumping until he arrived on the other side of the river. “How many are there?” asked Crocodile. “Just enough,” said clever Mouse Deer. He laughed as he ran to the forest.
10 find the synonym!
i. Skipped :
ii. Adjacent :
iii. Say :
iv. Adequate :
11. Why do you think the writer describe the Mouse deer using Silly and Clever?
12. Why do you think the Crocodile agreed to make a line?
13. Do you think the crocodile tricked by the Mouse deer? Why ? YES,
14. What do you think about the Crocodile (is he smart, clever, or stupid)?
15. Why do you choose that answer? (Find the supporting sentences that support your reason?
16. Ardilles sells an expensive car in a luxurious showroom
Adverb of Place :
17. Change this sentence into passive form!
Mr. Han Cleans his house
18. Circle the tense of the sentence below.
He leaves the house at six o’clock everyday
Present tense simple past simple future
19. Rewrite the following to the future tense
Jones stays home today because she is play a PlayStation
20. Insert Apostrophes in the correct place!
John breaks the boys toys
21. Put the correct Punctuatuation
Keep Silent said the teacher I will continue the story
22. Insert the comma
Mr junkies, an English teacher of SMP harapan Nusa has a new car
23. Underline the main clause
The teacher will receive a salary when the finished teaching.
24. Using Where from the following sentences
Smash is an Bandung boys
25. Choose the correct conjunction
Indonesia is a poor country ………… Singapore is a rich.
Or and but